Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2022

WALK IN YOUR CALLING

 

Monday, November 7, 2022

 

WALK IN YOUR CALLING


1 Cor 7:17

17 But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches. KJV

 

1 Cor 7:17

17 Only, let each one [seek to conduct himself and regulate his affairs so as to] lead the life which the Lord has allotted and imparted to him and to which God has invited and summoned him. This is my order in all the churches. AMP

 

          Simply stated, I must live my life and you must live yours. For the believer, this means yielding to the specific tasks, talents, and assignments he has given you. I shouldn’t be embarrassed at my assignment whether it be the boss or the janitor. There is honor and function in both. Paul dealt with this topic previously in the Book of Romans.

 

Rom 12:3-5

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: 5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. KJV

 

          Because we are members one of another, I must help you carry your burden while, at the same time, carrying my very own.

 

Gal 6:2

2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. KJV

 

Gal 6:5

5 For every man shall bear his own burden. KJV

 

          Like young David, I cannot war in your armor. Each of us must, in our own place, trust God for deliverance.

 

1 Sam 17:38-39

38 And Saul armed David with his armour, and he put an helmet of brass upon his head; also he armed him with a coat of mail.

39 And David girded his sword upon his armour, and he assayed to go; for he had not proved it. And David said unto Saul, I cannot go with these; for I have not proved them. And David put them off him. KJV

 

Dear Lord, I am not what I was. I am not what I should be. By your grace, I am what I am. Let me be satisfied with my station and purpose for when I have run my race, I will receive your approval. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment