Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

OUR GUIDE WITHIN

 

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

 

OUR GUIDE WITHIN

 

John 16:7-13

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove [bring hidden things to light] the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. [his sentence is already pronounced]

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:

 

          We are often and repeatedly told that we should not mix religion and politics. Perhaps that is because politicians understand that religion, or rather the truth religion represents, is incompatible with a system that is self-serving and deceitful. If that seems harsh then you have just proven my point.  

 

          We are now living in a society that has separated the secular from the sacred so successfully that those who follow one can hardly associate with the other. Truth, however, has no forbidden places. It should be welcomed into every science and field of study or interest. If a thing IS then it should be. If it IS NOT then it should never be. Truth without any mixture of error is a rare thing and highly valuable because of its rarity. The Spirit of Truth works to accomplish several unpopular things.

 

          He exposes sin. Sin is anything other than that which is right. If you complain that there is much wrong in the world, then you must agree that there is a standard of right. Without righteousness, no act, thought, or word is offensive. Sin hates the truth because it prefers to hide.

 

          He guides the seeker of truth. The motivation for seeking truth is a changed nature. We were created in innocence, but we fell from that state and our moral compass was damaged. We ran from truth instead of chasing after it. The first thing man did after the fall was to hide. Any attempt at a cover-up is a witness for the prosecution.

 

Ps 143:8-10

8 Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.

9 Deliver me, O LORD, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me.

10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. KJV

 

Dear Lord, cause those who desire to know the truth to hear your voice today. AMEN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment