Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2022

A STRANGE BUT WELCOME PEACE

 

Thursday, November 17, 2022

 

A STRANGE BUT WELCOME PEACE

 

Phil 4:6-8

6 Be careful for [burdened with care for] nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep [shall be your guardian and sentinel] your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. KJV

 

          It really is strange, this deep peace I now enjoy. I must confess that I am often a fretter. I am a fixer by nature and calling and there are so many things broken that peace seldom has a place to sit at my table. But there he sits both calm and content bidding me to sit as well.

 

          I didn’t ask for this peace though I certainly needed it and welcomed it. It contradicts all available facts and declares that peace is not only possible but available to all who want it.

 

          In the absence of abundance, I have been given enough. Without an adoring following, I have been given a few choice friends. Despite a frustrated personal agenda, I have been given confidence in God’s plan.

 

          Welcome peace! Sit awhile and have a cup of coffee.

 

1 Tim 6:7-8

7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. KJV

 

Dear Lord, thank you for your wonderful gift of peace. AMEN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment