Pages

Monday, November 28, 2022

MY BIRTHDAY BENEDICTION

 

Monday, November 28, 2022

 

MY BIRTHDAY BENEDICTION

 

Heb 13:20-21

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. KJV

 

          I suppose the day should begin with an invocation instead of a benediction but this one in Hebrews is one of my favorites. There are no less than ten benediction scriptures in the Bible and all of them wish good things for those who hear or read them.

 

          I was born on Thanksgiving Day 1946, and this has confused some who can’t remember the date but manage to recall that I was born on the holiday. Yes, I have already received many happy birthday wishes last Thursday. It is actually somewhat rare that my birthday should fall on Thanksgiving.

 

          The is a repeating pattern for number of years apart that Thanksgiving falls on November 28th. Three years ago, it falls on November 28, 2019. Before that Thanksgiving fell on the November 28th, 2013 (6 years before), and the time before that was 2002 (11 years before that). The next time Thanksgiving will fall on the 28th will be 2024 (2 years from now) and the time after that will be 2030 (6 years later), and again in 2041 (11 years later), and so on. So, henceforth, if you wish me a happy birthday on Thanksgiving Day, I will simply say thank you.

 

Rom 15:13

13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

 

Lord, you have blessed me with bounty and given me a happy purpose. Give good things to your people today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment