Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2022

ISAAC'S SONG

 

Sunday, January 30, 2022

 

ISAAC'S SONG

 

I know my Father loves me

But where is the Lamb?

The acrid coals fret hotly in the pan

And speaks of consuming judgment

according to God's plan.

The tinder wood is bundled

and carried on my back.

The sacrifice is ready

There's nothing that we lack

Except a lamb.

 

I feel a great unrest

Deep within my soul.

Everything is ready

The stones, the wood, the coals.

It's not like Father to forget.

He's quite a detailed man.

But for the life of me I can't believe

That he'd forget the lamb.

 

I know that I am special.

God's miracle I'm told.

Father said that God did say

I'm essential to His Plan.

To ask the question I must ask

Makes me seem too bold.

But we've traveled far upon our way

And we've failed to bring a lamb.

 

A sudden terror grips me

And shakes me to my soul.

Father silently assists me

With the stones and wood and coals

And the terror screams inside me:

I'll be taken from the fold!

 

Yes, I'm the lamb of sacrifice

Though I understand it not.

My hands are tied

And I lay me down upon the wood and

coals.

 

I've never seen such love and pain

Within my Father's eyes.

The dagger starts its downward ride

And I close my eyes against the blows.

 

The blows don't come, and I look above

To see a stranger's hand.

And hear a sweet and heavenly voice:

"God has provided Himself a Lamb".

 

And now I know more surely

Than any other man.

My life was spared and truly

God has a wondrous plan.

Once marked for death I now am free

Because of the Sacrifice Lamb.

 

By: Rev. Ron Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment