Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

HOW IS YOUR ROOT SYSTEM?

 

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

 

HOW IS YOUR ROOT SYSTEM?

 

Matt 15:13

Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.

 

Col 2:6-7

6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

 

          In my day, long ago, they were called church-hoppers but today we have added an “S” and they are church shoppers. The competition between consumer-driven churches is hard to find in the Bible. The early church endured much persecution but little competition.

 

          My spiritual health is mostly up to me! In other words, I have no genuine cause to blame someone else for the strength or weakness of my faith. Jesus put it very simply when He said …

 

John 15:4-5

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

 

          We are closer to Christ’s coming today than ever before! We don’t have much time to find that perfect church full of perfect people whose job it is to make us happy.

 

2 Tim 2:3

3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

Dear Lord, let me abandon my desire to be served so that I may serve. Let me spread joy rather than seek it. Let me remove the beam from my own eye. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment