Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2021

STUBBORN JOB!

Sunday, September 19, 2021

 

STUBBORN JOB!

 

Job 1:21-22

21 And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.

22 In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.

 

Job 13:15

15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him:

 

           Have you hit a rough patch? Have you left the smooth and well-lit highway to travel the dark and potholed trail? If so, then you may have a difficult time praising God this Sunday morning.

 

           There are times when our faith simply needs to be stubborn faith. Paul described his shipwreck explaining that they lashed themselves to the ship to keep from being washed overboard. Yes! That kind of stubborn.

 

           When your economy hits rock bottom, your health is failing, and troubles come one after the other, faith is challenged. That is when Jesus becomes very real. That is when we need to hear Him say “I will never leave you.”

 

I need Thee every hour

Most gracious Lord

No tender voice like Thine

Can peace afford

 

I need Thee, O I need Thee

Every hour I need Thee

O bless me now, my Savior

I come to Thee

 

Dear Lord, reveal yourself to those who are suffering today. AMEN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment