Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2021

CONTENTMENT IS NOT PERFECTION

 

Saturday, September 18, 2021

 

CONTENTMENT IS NOT PERFECTION

 

Heb 13:5

5 Let your conversation [Greek tropos = manner of living] be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

KJV

 

           I woke up content this morning but that does not mean that everything in my life is perfect. In fact, knowing that only added to my contentment. Yes, I know that sounds strange to anyone whose contentment is super-glued to circumstances. But I am still learning that my contentment is about relationships and especially my relationship with Christ.

 

           Dr. Charles Stanley defines contentment as: “Accepting God's sovereign control over all of life's circumstances.” Ah, there it is! And it is nice to know that Jesus agrees with Stanley!

 

John 16:33

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

 

Now Thank We All Our God

 

Words: Martin Rinkart

Music: "Nun Danket" by Johann Crüger; harmony by Felix Mendelssohn

 

Now thank we all our God, with heart and hands and voices,

Who wondrous things has done, in Whom this world rejoices;

Who from our mothers' arms has blessed us on our way

With countless gifts of love, and still is ours today.

 

O may this bounteous God through all our life be near us,

With ever joyful hearts and blessed peace to cheer us;

And keep still in grace, and guide us when perplexed;

And free us from all ills, in this world and the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment