Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2021

CASTING MY CROWNS!

 

Saturday, September 4, 2021

 

CASTING MY CROWNS!

 

Rev 4:10-11

10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

 

           We are created in the image of God (Genesis 1:27) but we are not God. We have installed in us the power of self-determination. We are permitted to make choices and either enjoy or endure their consequences. But we are not God.

 

           I am ashamed to realize that much, if not most, of my happiness is dependent upon God yielding to my will. I pray a twisted form of The Lord’s Prayer saying, “MY will be done on earth as it is in my thinking.” I am spoiled by God’s grace and wear that crown too proudly. Oh, I love God – if He does what I ask Him to do.

 

           But in Heaven, the twenty-four elders fall down in worship. They know what we will ultimately learn. His will is worthy to be followed and He is worthy to be praised. Their crowns are cast at His feet, and they know and welcome their place.

 

           One day I will fall at His feet as well. I will have shed the body because mere flesh cannot survive the intensity of God’s glory. Only the spirit survives that encounter.

 

1 Tim 6:15-16

{He} is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

 

Lord, help me to cast the crown of my own will at your feet and know and follow your will. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment