Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

CHRIST IN ME – HOPE!

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

 

CHRIST IN ME – HOPE!

 

Col 1:25-27

25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

 

           Paul was a minister (a guy who runs errands) for God and carefully guards God’s household. The direction and focus of Paul’s ministry is descriptive in the text. It is “to me for you.”

 

           Paul’s errand was to deliver and reveal a truth previously hidden. This truth was regarding Jesus Christ. Reducing great volumes into one nugget of truth, Paul said “if you acknowledge and confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and in your heart believe (adhere to, trust in, and rely on the truth) that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” Rom 10:9 AMPLIFIED.

 

           Hope is the result! This hope is not a wish upon a fantasy, but an expectation firmly based upon a revealed truth. Jesus Himself tried to explain it in John chapter fourteen.

 

John 14:19-20

…because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

 

           I have hope! I have hope because I have asked Christ to come into me. He came and brought the Father and the Holy Spirit with Him. We are now one in a way that I can’t fully explain. I am now made a minister (a guy who runs errands for God) as well.

 

2 Cor 5:20-21

20 Now then we are ambassadors [presbeuo = a representative] for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.  KJV

 

Dear Lord, who cannot lie, thank you for this wonderful hope “which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast.” AMEN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment