Pages

Monday, August 2, 2021

BE KIND ONE TO ANOTHER!

Monday, August 2, 2021

 

BE KIND ONE TO ANOTHER!

 

Eph 4:31-32

31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

 

           The level of guilt that these verses form in me is uncomfortable. It doesn’t matter that I likely stand in large company, I cannot hide in a crowd of those like me. I must repent of my bitterness.

 

           Adam Clarke uses antiquated language to add a bit of salt. “It is astonishing that any who profess the Christian name should indulge bitterness of spirit. Those who are censorious, who are unmerciful to the failings of others, who have fixed a certain standard by which they measure all persons in all circumstances, and unchristian everyone that does not come up to this standard, these have the bitterness against which the apostle speaks.

(from Adam Clarke's Commentary, Electronic Database. Copyright © 1996, 2003, 2005, 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

 

           When bitterness is found, its opposite is needed. We are to be kind, chrestos, useful in manner and morals. Not all Bible teaching limits itself solely to the church. This one is for husbands!

 

 Col 3:19

19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.

 

Dear Lord, let me practice kindness today until kindness becomes my habit. AMEN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment