Pages

Friday, April 23, 2021

YET AGAIN!

 

Friday, April 23, 2021

 

YET AGAIN!

 

Prov 23:31-35

31 Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.

32 At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.

33 Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things.

34 Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast.

35 They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.

 

2 Peter 2:22

22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

 

           While the imagery is repulsive, most of us are familiar with the malady. Those who have been rescued from their own entrapments show a strange insanity that causes them to return to the deeds that cause them so much pain. It is not just the frustration of ministry – it is the essence of ministry.

 

           Jesus Himself voiced this frustration in Matt 23:37. “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!”

 

           Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.” So it is that we sinners press on with our steadfast foolishness expecting soon to win some dreamed of lottery!

 

Prov 23:23

23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

 

Dear Lord, give me the necessary wisdom needed to follow your lead. Restrain my foolishness and ease the pain I often inflict upon myself. Thank you for never giving up on me although I am a difficult case. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment