Pages

Monday, April 26, 2021

APPLY YOUR HEART TO WISDOM!

 

Monday, April 26, 2021

 

APPLY YOUR HEART TO WISDOM!

 

Ps 90:12

12 So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

 

           After a half century of teaching truth, I am becoming somewhat blunt in my approach. Although I am usually a cheerful soul, I have grown quite tired of dealing with the fragile temperaments of self-perplexed souls and am prone to launch immediately into teaching mode. Heretofore, I might have first soothed the self-inflicted wounds of advice-seekers but now I tend to identify the problem – prescribe a cure – and forecast a result. Pulling thorns will cause pain but there can be no cure until it is done so it might as well be done quickly. I have only a residual portion of guilt for seeming to be uncaring but caring for the critically wounded spiritual patient causes me to urgently bark orders. I sometimes lose patience with the patients.

 

           It was Paul who said:From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.” (Gal 6:17) He bore the scars of spiritual combat and wanted only to be left alone. I suppose that meant that some who needed him would have to deal with their own troubles. However, once the coffee and Tylenol kick in my compassion usually returns and I know that I am designed to be a caring person. I know that I am destined by design and calling to continue obeying Christ’s command outlined in the verse below.

 

Matt 10:7-8

7 And as ye go, preach, saying, the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

 

Dear Father, let me fulfill my calling with energy and compassion. Let me apply my heart unto wisdom. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment