Pages

Friday, November 13, 2020

UNLUCKY THIRTEEN!

 

FRIDAY THE 13TH of November, 2020

 

UNLUCKY THIRTEEN!

 

           If you “google” Friday, the 13th you will be given a hodgepodge of historical and cultural information ranging from the arrest of the Knights Templar to the betrayal of Jesus by Judas, the 13th guest at communion. I rather think that my safety and destiny rest with my relationship with Jesus.

 

Isa 54:17

17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.

 

           Of this chapter, Warren Wiersbe says: “The image in this chapter is that of Jehovah, the faithful husband, forgiving Israel, the unfaithful wife, and restoring her to the place of blessing.”  (from The Bible Exposition Commentary: Old Testament © 2001-2004 by Warren W. Wiersbe. All rights reserved.) The promise of special protection for Israel is based on the husband and wife relationship. You may be attacked but I will not allow you to be overcome!

 

           There is a special protection for those who love God. Rom 8:28 promises that “all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” This doesn’t mean that all things are, in themselves, good. It means that the final outcome is guarded by God.

 

Prov 3:33

33 The curse of the Lord is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just.

 

Dear Lord, my life is in your hands and no man is able to pluck me from them. I am as safe as you want me to be today and anything that comes my way will “work together” for your good and for mine. Thank you, Lord. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment