Pages

Monday, November 16, 2020

GOD HAS THE FINAL WORD!

 

Monday, November 16, 2020

 

GOD HAS THE FINAL WORD!

 

1 Sam 1:27-2:2

27 For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him: 28 Therefore also I have lent him to the Lord; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the Lord. And he worshipped the Lord there.

2:1 And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the Lord, mine horn is exalted in the Lord: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation.

2:2 There is none holy as the Lord: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.

 

           Hannah was barren. She could not conceive children. Her husband was sympathetic but her “sister-wives” cruelly mistreated and shamed her. Prayer was her remedy and God was her help.

 

           In this Thanksgiving season, Hannah reminds us that there is no rock like our God, and there is no worship without sacrifice. There is no thanks without giving. The son she asked for was returned to the Lord who gave him.

 

"It ain't over till it's over." Well, you can't argue with that. American baseball legend Yogi Berra first uttered the phrase about baseball's 1973 National League pennant race.

 

When all around my soul gives way,

He then is all my hope and stay.

On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;

All other ground is sinking sand,

  All other ground is sinking sand.

 

Dear Lord, remind us today that you have the final word in every controversy. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment