Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2018

HE’S RISEN, NO FOOLING!


HE’S RISEN, NO FOOLING!

Luke 24:33-34
33 And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,
34 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.

           The two who had met the risen Jesus on the road to Emmaus were stunned. A stranger joined them on their walk home and sat down to dinner with them. As he broke the bread they recognized Him. He then suddenly disappeared.

           They left their dinner and hurried back to Jerusalem to inform the grieving apostles that Jesus was alive! No fooling!

           Sometimes we can embarrass ourselves by searching out the meaning of some words in the “original” Greek language. For instance, the word “indeed” in verse 34 simply means “really!”

           Today is April Fool’s day for some but it is Resurrection Day for me! “You ask me how I know He lives – He lives within my heart!”

           Dear Lord, I know you are there but feel free to stomp around in my heart today. Make your presence known. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment