Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

WHEN CHURCH SEEMS STRANGE!


WHEN CHURCH SEEMS STRANGE!

Hos 8:12
12 I have written to him the great things of my law, but they were counted as a strange thing. (KJV)

Hos 8:12
12 I wrote for him the ten thousand things of My law, but they are counted as a strange thing [as something which does not concern him].
AMPLIFIED BIBLE

           I see it when I move through the crowd greeting folks on Sunday. There is no excitement in their eyes. Their attitude is furtive. Church, to them, is strange. They have not been present when God’s blessings fell. They can’t understand the joy on the face of the faithful because they have been unfaithful.

           The rebuke in Hosea is for Ephraim because, in verse 11, “Ephraim hath made many altars to sin.” He has been the recipient of “ten thousand” things from the Word of God but they are counted as a strange thing. The Hebrew word which is translated “great things” is ribow and refers to the great volume of teaching which has been ignored. Ephraim has been bowing at the wrong altar and now the altar of God seems strange.

Ps 119:18-19
18 Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. 19 I am a stranger in the earth: hide not thy commandments from me.

Dear Lord, let me not be a stranger in thy house or to thy people. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment