Pages

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR ADOPTION



TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR ADOPTION

Rom 8:15
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

           When you approach God in prayer, how do you come? Do you come as a beggar seeking the crumbs that fall from the rich man’s table? Certainly we are poor and He is unimaginably rich. Do you come seeking His pity hoping to lure from Him some gift because of your condition? This is often how we come..

           Perhaps we come to Him like an employee on payday. Our hands are open to receive our pay for our services to Him. We have been good, we say, and we have been an asset to our Boss and not a liability. We come expecting to be paid. This is how the Pharisee came in Luke 18:11 when he prayed: “God, I thank thee that I am not as other men are.” He claimed privilege based on an assumed superiority. God said he want away unjustified.

           Jesus, when He prayed in the Garden, prayed as a son and gave us an example when he cried “Abba, Father.” We have been adopted and have been given undeserved rights. Paul told the Galatians that we are no longer servants but heirs of God through Christ (Gal. 4:6,7).

Heb 4:16
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Abba, Father! I’m not worth much to you as a servant. My circumstance may not cause you to pity me but you are stuck with me because I am your adopted son. Take note of my cause because you are my Father. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment