Pages

Friday, March 3, 2017

GUIDE ME



GUIDE ME!

Ps 31:3
3 For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

There is a silent, unseen partner who both urges us on and restrains our movements. Our rest is often interrupted by a strong urge to move along and our hectic activity is sometimes brought to an abrupt halt by circumstance and a sense of caution. This is guidance and this is what we need.

Solomon would soon be king instead of his father David and he felt a strong need of guidance. He felt ill-equipped to lead and he appealed to his Lord.

1 Kings 3:7-10
7 And now, O LORD my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in.
8 And thy servant is in the midst of thy people which thou hast chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude.
9 Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?
10 And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing.

I sense a strong need of guidance today, perhaps you do too. Do you sense God’s movement, that He is preparing you for something you are not yet aware? We need to be sensitive to God’s guidance today. Ask Him to reveal Himself to you. He is not far away.

Isa 30:21
21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Dear Lord, I sense the rustling of your feet. There is a breeze upon my cheek.  Lead me in a plain path. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment