Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2016

GOOD FOR ME



GOOD FOR ME!

Ps 119:67-68
67 Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.
68 Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes.

Ps 119:71
71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.

           The Jews in Jesus’ day were convinced that good things happen to good people and that bad things happen only to bad people. When they encountered a man “born blind” their question to Jesus reflects this thinking. “And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? (John 9:2) If we think about this, it really doesn’t make sense. How could this man have sinned BEFORE he was born?

           Trouble comes from several sources. Sometimes it is our own foolishness that brings us pain. The answer to foolishness is education and experience. Sometimes pain is brought to us by an enemy. When that happens our refuge is in the Lord who exacts vengeance and provides protection in His own way and in His own time. But far too often there seems to be no explanation for the trouble we see. This is when we must simply trust the good heart of God who sometimes keeps secrets. “The most evil act ever performed on this earth was the crucifixion of the Lord of Glory on a cross, yet God used that to bring His salvation to the world. “ (Warren W. Wiersbe)

Ps 73:28
28 But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God , that I may declare all thy works.

Dear Lord, only when you reveal your purposes for our pain do we praise you. Until that time let us trust your good heart and wait. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment