Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

ARE YOU FRUSTRATED



ARE YOU FRUSTRATED?

Ezra 4:4-5
4 Then the people of the land weakened the hands of the people of Judah, and troubled them in building,
5 And hired counsellors against them, to frustrate their purpose, all the days of Cyrus king of Persia, even until the reign of Darius king of Persia.

1 Thess 2:18
18 Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.

           Frustration, according to Merriam-Webster, is “a feeling of anger or annoyance caused by being unable to do something.” I doubt you actually needed that definition this morning. You may not have put it in those exact words but you know what frustration is.

           We are frustrated when truly important things are hindered by artificially urgent things! Ezra and Nehemiah were tasked with rebuilding Jerusalem but the people of the land gave them negative advice and frustrated them at every opportunity. Nehemiah had to work with a sword in one hand and a brick layer’s trowel in the other.

           Even in the spirit world there is frustration. When Daniel prayed, his answer was delayed because a demon withstood the answering angel! Listen to his explanation.  

Dan 10:12-13
12 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.
13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

           The good news is that you can’t frustrate the purposes of God even when you do! Did you understand what I just said? Even delays of 120 days do not keep God from accomplishing His purposes!

Isa 41:10-11
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; [bewildered] for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
11 Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish.

Dear Lord, let me yield my urgent things to your important things. Let me rest in the knowledge that your purposes can’t be frustrated. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment