Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2016

BRIGHTEN UP



BRIGHTEN UP!

Ps 122:1
122 I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord.

Ps 84:1
84 How amiable are thy tabernacles, O Lord  of hosts!

           The word “glad” in Psalm 122 is the word samach and it means “to brighten up!” What a wonderful way of expressing the joy that comes from attending church with fellow believers! David knew that “church” should never be a drudgery. It should never be forced! One’s spirit should never feel pinched at church. When he thought about God’s house he brightened up.

           The word “amiable” in Psalm 84 is the word yediyd (yed-eed’) and it means “loved or well beloved.” It is from a root word which means “to boil.” David’s love for God’s house simmered and boiled within him. It was especially painful to him when he was on the run and could not attend worship. He had an appetite for God!

           Even after 45 years in pastoral ministry, my heart brightens up when I think about my church and the people that assemble there. They energize me! Every service is like a homecoming!

Eph 3:21
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Dear Lord, I am glad when I think about your house and your people. I rejoice in the prospect of singing your praises, learning your precepts, and gathering with others you have redeemed. Thank you for my church. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment