Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

MY EXPECTATION


MY EXPECTATION!



Ps 62:5

5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.



           The word which is translated “expectation” is literally “a cord or attachment.” So, David’s expectation was all that he hoped for in God. In David’s present circumstance, he felt that his only hope was in God.



           Note the increase in confidence as he moves from “I shall not be greatly moved” (v.2) to “I shall not be moved” (v.6) As he waited on God, his spirit went from “it won’t be too bad” to “it’s going to be alright.” We think he will soon burst into praise as he sings “Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us.” (v.8) There is an old Gospel song that should be an encouragement today.



Be not dismayed whate’re betide.

God will take care of you.

Beneath His wings of love abide,

God will take care of you!



God will take care of you,

Through every day o’re all the way.

He will take care of you;

God will take care of you!



Dear Lord, as I sit silently before you, my great expectation is good things. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment