Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

THE APPLE OF GOD’S EYE!


THE APPLE OF GOD’S EYE!


Zech 2:8

8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.

          Believers must stop thinking that the pain we often endure is something sent to us to bear alone by an un-feeling God. No, He hurts when we hurt! The Bible is full of references to this fact. So why then does He not remove the pain we ask? The best answers to that question come from those who have suffered much. Let’s hear from a few of them.


Job!

Writhing on an ash heap and scraping his boils with broken pottery, Job was still able to say:

Job 23:8-10  

8 Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him:
9 On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him:
10 But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.


The Apostle Paul!

2 Cor 12:7-9
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.


J. I. Packer!

God uses chronic pain and weakness, along with other afflictions, as his chisel for sculpting our lives. Felt weakness deepens dependence on Christ for strength each day. The weaker we feel, the harder we lean. And the harder we lean, the stronger we grow spiritually, even while our bodies waste away. To live with your "thorn" uncomplainingly-that is, sweet, patient, and free in heart to love and help others, even though every day you feel weak-is true sanctification. It is true healing for the spirit. It is a supreme victory of grace. The healing of your sinful person thus goes forward, even though the healing of your mortal body does not. J. I. Packer (1926- )

          In Zech. 2:8 it says: “he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye!” Just what is the “apple” of the eye? The original language is baabat and refers to the pupil or aperture of the eye. It is the most tender and sensitive part of the eye. Anyone who has ever had a grain of sand in their eye knows the extreme pain that can be caused even by something so small. He who touches you – pokes his finger into the eye of God! God is painfully aware of our circumstances.

Ps 17:8
8 Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,

Dear Lord, when we suffer we often feel very alone and forgotten. Please remind us that you are suffering too. Thank you for paying so close attention to us. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment