Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2015

CRAZY THANKS!


CRAZY THANKS!


1Th 5:18 
In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.                                                          

          Today is my 18th anniversary as pastor of Calvary Baptist Church in Bowie, Texas. In a conversation with my daughter yesterday, I discovered that I have lived in my current home longer than anywhere else – even my childhood homes. That’s amazing!

          Our text tells us to give thanks in everything. Be careful to read it correctly because it does NOT say to give thanks FOR everything but IN everything. I’m thankful that, when I wanted to run away, God provided for me no place to run. I’m thankful that my skill set is pretty much restricted to what I am doing and that I am doing what I have been called to do. This is not my career it is my life. It is not cramped and does not pinch because it fits me perfectly.

          So I choose to give thanks in everything but not for everything and if that seems crazy – thanks!

Dear Lord, I choose to thank you on purpose even within circumstances that do not seem thankworthy. I thank you because you know best. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment