Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

TRAPPED BY LOVING HANDS!


TRAPPED BY LOVING HANDS!


Ps 139:5
5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.


          Please read all 24 verses of Psalm 139. Warren Wiersbe reminds us that [1] God knows us intimately – we cannot deceive Him. [2] God is with us constantly – we cannot escape Him. [3] God made us wonderfully – we cannot escape Him. [4] God Judges righteously – we cannot dispute Him.

          The word “beset” in verse 5 means “to press; to press upon; to compress. Yes there is pressure but only so that we do not escape what God knows is protection from further damage. I’ve often felt trapped like a bird in the loving hands of God but later I learn that I had been kept from danger because He restricted and rejected my plans. With roadblocks in front of me and behind me, God gently places his hand over me to keep me covered.

          The universe contains no hiding place from God. We may view this in one of two ways. We may struggle against an all knowing and all seeing God or we may surrender to his superior knowledge and will. That’s pretty much our options: struggle or surrender.

          When we surrender the pressure decreases and we feel less trapped and more protected. We soon realize that we are being held by the hands of a God who can defend, comfort, guide and sustain us. The sooner we surrender the sooner our trap becomes a refuge.

Ps 139:17-18
17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment