Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

I HAVE PRAYED FOR YOU!


I HAVE PRAYED FOR YOU!


Luke 22:31-32
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.


          As parents of adult children, we must learn to deliver them into the capable hands of God. I am as guilty as any of trying to buffer them from every harm and hurt. The following paragraph was sent as an email to my adult child today. I hope it blesses them and I hope it blesses you.

          “I've just spoken to God for you. He knows you and your situation. I can't see far enough to guide you, I am too blind, so I will try to give that task to Him. I can't sustain you, I am too poor, so I have brought your debts to Him. I am too weak to protect you, so I have dispatched His angels to guard you. I have no balm to soothe your wounds, so I have appealed to the great physician. I love you but I have asked for His perfect love. May you be blessed today.”

          We can’t fully know the drama that is unseen when we pray! It is not weakness to pray – it is strength! It is our greatest treasure; our most renewable and inexhaustible resource. It never fails to bring God’s best. The answer may sometimes disappoint us, but only because we can’t know what God knows and see what God sees. All His ways are benevolent. He is not capricious but purposeful. Trust Him today!

Dan 10:11-12
11 And he [the angel] said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.
12 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.

Dear Father, hear the prayers of your children today. Protect them from danger. Fight their battles for them and win. Give them their daily bread. Lead them in a plain path for Thy name’s sake. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment