Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

STUDY BUDDIES!


STUDY BUDDIES!


Acts 17:10-11
10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

2 Tim 2:15
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.


          There are times I wish I had some like-minded study buddies. Perhaps I’m turning into a cloistered monk, but it would be wonderful to have two or three serious minded men with whom I could search the Scriptures. The more I learn the more mysteries I want to uncover.

          Not many are interested in learning “the deep things of God” (1 Corinthians 2:10) these days. The vast majority are satisfied to search for the next thrilling worship experience rather than to uncover or confirm truth. Yes, I know how that sounds! I may also be turning into a crusty old grump!

          God doesn’t hide from us but searching out His mysteries is worth the effort. I suppose what I’m really looking for is intimacy with God. I am not satisfied with simply knowing about Him. I want to be familiar with Him. Perhaps I’ve just revealed to you my soul’s hunger. Perhaps I’ve also revealed my soul’s deficiency. I’m tired of shallow Christianity both in myself and in others.

Jer 29:13
13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Dear Lord, let me truly know you and experience you today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment