Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

A QUIET SATURDAY MORNING!


A QUIET SATURDAY MORNING!


Mark 1:32-37
32 And at even, when the sun did set, they brought unto him all that were diseased, and them that were possessed with devils.
33 And all the city was gathered together at the door.
34 And he healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many devils; and suffered not the devils to speak, because they knew him.
35 And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.
36 And Simon and they that were with him followed after him.
37 And when they had found him, they said unto him, All men seek for thee.


          Jesus, in His humanity, grew weary. I don’t think He ever grew weary of people but of their problems. Everyone had something broken that needed to be fixed. He was in great demand! Our text explains that at sundown, when most people were settled into their houses, Jesus was still dealing with devils, disease, and death. Jesus sought a place of rest.

          Rest was not a “where” but a when! Early in the morning, when others were still snuggled in their bed, Jesus found a solitary place. There He talked with His Father. I find that early morning is my best time also. Everyone is asleep. Soon they will arise and the machinery of the day will turn up the volume on the noise of life. Early in the morning I can sort out my thoughts for a cohesive prayer to God. Early in the morning I can hear God’s still small voice.


Day By Day (verse 2)

Every day, the Lord Himself is near me
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear, and cheer me,
He Whose Name is Counselor and Power;
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
"As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,"
This the pledge to me He made.

Dear Lord, thank you for quiet mornings and the communion I find in them. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment