Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

HOW TO PRAY FOR YOUR PASTOR!


HOW TO PRAY FOR YOUR PASTOR!


1 Thess 5:25
25 Brethren, pray for us.

Eph 6:18-20
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.


          For some reason I resist asking prayer for myself at prayer meeting time! Perhaps it is because I am the “leader” and am afraid to admit to the followers that I have needs. Perhaps it is simply that I don’t want to be seen as a whiner but Paul asked prayer for himself on a few occasions, so let me suggest a few things to pray for when you pray for your pastor.


[1] Insight into scripture and an understanding of how it applies to people today.

[2] Protection from the work of Satan.

[3] That God would give him a soft heart in the face of abrasive and abusive people.

[4] His personal spiritual growth.

[5] A successful ministry – however God defines success in his life.

[6] Boldness to speak the truth, and grace to speak it with humility.

[7] That he would persevere through whatever trial he is facing.

[8] His children – that they will grow up with a positive impression of church ministry.

[9] That he would remain pure, and that his love for his wife would increase daily.

[10] For his health – that he would take care of himself.


Below is another list of things to pray for using the word PASTOR as an acrostic.


P - Purity. Pray that your pastor will remain pure in the face of constant pressure in an immoral culture.

A - Adversity. Pray for your pastor that he will be able to confront adversity with faith and endurance.

S - Strength. Most pastors work long hours and at least six days a week. Pray that he will have the strength to continue his ministry.

T - Teaching. Pray for your pastor that his teaching and preaching will be effective, powerful, and clear.

O - Organization. Your pastor has more to do than any one person can handle. Pray for your pastor that he will be able to prioritize correctly.

R - Rest. Your pastor needs rest. Pray that your pastor will sleep well each night and that he will take enough time away from ministry so that he does not get worn out.


Phil 4:17-20
17 Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.
18 But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.
19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
20 Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.


Dear Lord, thank you for precious praying people! AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment