Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

CAPTURED BY HIS LOVE AND MERCY!


CAPTURED BY HIS LOVE AND MERCY!


Ps 139:1-5
139:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.
O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.
2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.


          This is a powerful image! In fact my mind pictures a laboratory rat caught in a maze. He is led inescapably to a destination known only by his captor. In this case, however, the captor is not a tormentor but a benevolent guard and guide. He is the Lord of Glory! He is the Creator and sustainer of the universe. His ways are above our ways. As the 6th verse says, “Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.”


          I have often struggled to find a way out of His will because I think it to be in error. Surely He can’t want me to endure what I am currently enduring! Problems press in on the left and troubles join upon my right hand. I can’t go back and I can’t climb up. The only way left to me is forward to the fearful unknown. I do not perceive his love and mercy until I reach the appointed place of peace. It is then I see His handiwork and understand His protection and provision.


All The Way My Savior Leads Me
By Fanny Crosby

All the way my Savior leads me
What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy,
Who through life has been my Guide?
Heav'nly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in Him to dwell!
For I know, whate'er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well;
For I know, whate'er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well.


Dear Lord, forgive my struggling against your efforts to lead me. I am ignorant of what is best for me and too foolish to submit. I have learned that your way is best but learning that has not been easy nor is it easy yet. Thank you for trapping me in your love and mercy. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment