Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

WHISPERED PRAYERS!


WHISPERED PRAYERS!


2 Tim 1:1-3
1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,
2 To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
3 I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day;

Mark 1:35
35 And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.


          Wide awake at 3:38 A.M., I lay there thinking of neither burden nor blessing. Because my habitual sin of early rising is such a disturbance to my wife, I lay still until about 4:15 when I could bear it no longer. I stealthily left the room and put the coffee on. I have a pot that allows you to grab a cup before the brew cycle is finished without spilling everything all over the counter. That first cup is a bit stronger than the others and I have developed a fondness for this strong but smooth first cup.

          I value the quietness I find early in the morning. I can listen to God who is also up at all hours. Sometimes He says important things to me and sometimes we just sit together like old friends who communicate by saying nothing. He’s never too busy to sit a spell. Sometimes this quietness allows me to talk to myself and hear my own thoughts. Later in the day my conversations with myself will be interrupted.

          Almost always a friend comes to mind who needs a whispered prayer. This morning I have prayed for a wonderful couple who need adequate employment. This family is dear to my heart and it is hard to watch as God leads them along this difficult journey. I have prayed for healing for others and offered up thanksgiving for prayers already answered. I have prayed for friends who, while close to me, seem distant from God. I have prayed to understand God’s confusing will. I have prayed to accept what I can’t understand.

Dear Jesus, hear and consider these early morning whispered prayers. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment