Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

OUT LOUD – WITH GESTURES!

OUT LOUD – WITH GESTURES!

1 Sam 1:9-13 KJV
9 So Hannah rose up after they had eaten in Shiloh, and after they had drunk. Now Eli the priest sat upon a seat by a post of the temple of the LORD.
10 And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the LORD, and wept sore.
11 And she vowed a vow, and said, O LORD of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the LORD all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head.
12 And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the LORD, that Eli marked her mouth.
13 Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken.

          Yesterday, coming back from having lunch with a preacher friend, I felt the need to pray while I drove the twenty plus miles home. I was burdened and cried out for answers – out loud, with gestures. It was conversational and bordered on being confrontational. God seems to be pretty busy right now but I needed some face time with the Savior – an audience with the King. My prayer was insistent and urgent! As I drove along the dusty Texas highway I came close to demanding answers. I know who the boss is, and it is not me, but I needed to hear from the Boss.

          I rather think this was the situation with Hannah. She was “in bitterness of soul.” The Hebrew word marah means “angry, chafed, discontented and heavy.” She was barren and childless and she was greatly tormented not only by the condition itself but by her “sister wives” who teased her mercilessly.

          Her lips moved, but her voice was not heard! Well, I found that inside the cab of a 2000 model Dodge pickup truck was a wonderful place to pray out loud – with gestures. People waved back but I was not waving. I was flailing and praying. I’m not sure of my speed.

Job 19:7-8 KJV
7 Behold, I cry out of wrong, but I am not heard: I cry aloud, but there is no judgment.
8 He hath fenced up my way that I cannot pass, and he hath set darkness in my paths.

Mark 10:46-48 KJV
46 And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the highway side begging.
47 And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me.
48 And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me.

          Do you have a need that is urgent? Have you been waiting without an answer? Pray – out loud – with gestures!

Dear Lord, you know that I love you, but I also need you to answer. I am waiting on you. Thank you for your careful watching over me. I know that when I am tried I shall come forth as gold. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment