Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2021

HIS GLORIOUS BODY

 

Sunday, October 17, 2021

 

HIS GLORIOUS BODY

 

Phil 3:20-21

20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

 

           Ah, the body! Where would we be without it? Today is Sunday and the body is not well so I must remain home with it. Now, that may sound strange, but it is the absolute truth. Paul, I think, grew weary of his own body. Listen to what he said.

 

2 Cor 5:6-8

6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

 

The Corinthians had questions regarding the resurrection body. Paul, in First Corinthians 15, gave a long answer which I will try to condense.

 

1 Cor 15:42-43

42 So it is with the resurrection of the dead. [The body] that is sown is perishable and decays, but [the body] that is resurrected is imperishable (immune to decay, immortal).  [Dan 12:3.]

43 It is sown in dishonor and humiliation; it is raised in honor and glory. It is sown in infirmity and weakness; it is resurrected in strength and endued with power.

AMP

 

The Holy Hills of Heaven Call Me - Dottie Rambo

 

The holy hills of Heaven call me

To mansions bright across the sea

Where loved ones wait, and crowns are given

The hills of home keep calling me

 

This house of flesh is but a prison

Bars of bone are holding my soul

But the doors of clay are gonna burst wide open

When the angel sets my spirit free.

 

Dear Lord, lately my “check-engine” light has prevented me from traveling at my preferred speed, but I know that one day I will receive a new model fashioned like your glorious body. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment