Pages

Monday, October 11, 2021

ARE YOU AN ATTRACTIVE CHRISTIAN?

 

Monday, October 11, 2021

(A classic reminder)

 

ARE YOU AN ATTRACTIVE CHRISTIAN?

 

2 Tim 2:15-16

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

 

Titus 3:10

10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

 

           The word “shun” in verse 16 means what you think it means. It means to stand aloof. The word “heretic” does not refer to one who believes or teaches false doctrine. No, in Titus, the word means “schismatic” and refers to one who is divisive.

 

Our spirit seems to broadcast itself to others no matter what we may do to prevent it. As a believer there are people I shun, if possible, even though they may claim to be Christians. I’m not being a snob; I just don’t feel comfortable around them. They seem to have a private agenda and it seems clear to me that any friendship we may develop is meant to further their agenda. I feel used and I develop an atmosphere of caution around them.

 

There are other spirits that act as magnets to me. I am drawn to them. I want to know why they are so peaceful when all around them there is so much pain. I want to know and understand the things that they know and understand. I’m curious, even envious of their spirit. I want to know where God is taking them and why. I am drawn to follow these people and learn their ways.

 

Maybe it is no more than the difference between honesty and dishonesty. Perhaps it is much more than that! I suspect it may mean that some “Christians” are simply more Christian than others. I am drawn to what I want to become. Perhaps I am even drawn to what I already am. I seek the person who can fuel my dreams.

 

Dear Lord, bring people into my path today that can fuel my relationship with YOU, make it stronger and not tear it down. Let me be that person to someone else. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment