Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

WAIT TILL THE MUD DRIES!


Wednesday, July 22, 2020

WAIT TILL THE MUD DRIES!

Prov 15:1-3
15 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
3 The eyes of the Lord are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

"My dear boy," said a father, "take a word of advice from an old man who loves peace. An insult is like mud; it will brush off much better when it is dry. Wait a little till you both are cool; then the broken relationship will be easily mended. If you go now, it will be only to quarrel." That is good advice for you and for me—patience will induce peace.
(from Illustrations of Bible Truths Copyright © 1995, 1998 by AMG International, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission.)

           My mother used to say “If you stir in it, you will get it on you!” That bit of country philosophy has kept me from grinding in the mud on many occasion. It has also kept me from making a muddy situation even more so by returning mud for mud. It is better to let the mud dry and just brush it off.

Prov 25:15
15 By long forbearing is a prince persuaded, and a soft tongue breaketh the bone.

Dear Lord, help me to understand that I do not have to right every wrong. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment