Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2020

FREEDOM NOT ANARCHY!


Sunday, July 5, 2020

FREEDOM NOT ANARCHY!

John 8:32-36
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

           John Njoroge, a member of the speaking team at Ravi Zacharias ministries, said: “Biblically speaking, freedom is the ability to function the way God designed us to function. This is the reason why freedom and truth are so intertwined; we need to know what our purpose and design are before we can exercise the freedom to fulfill our mission on earth.”

           Freedom is not the same as anarchy which is defined as a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority. I cannot cry “freedom” and smash another’s property for which they have worked hard and own outright. I cannot destroy another’s point of view because it offends me or causes me to remember and personalize a long forgotten injustice – even if that injustice was cruel.

Heb 2:12-15
 I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.
13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.
14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Dear Lord, let me broadcast your truth so that others might enjoy the freedom I have found. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment