Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2020

THINK ABOUT IT!


Thursday, July 23, 2020

THINK ABOUT IT!

Deut 4:39-40
39 Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the Lord he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.
40 Thou shalt keep therefore his statutes, and his commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the Lord thy God giveth thee, for ever.

Deut 32:7
7 Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations: ask thy father, and he will shew thee; thy elders, and they will tell thee.

           The word “consider” can be found 67 times in 66 verses in our Authorized Version of the Bible. In the Old Testament it is the word biyn which means to “to separate mentally; to distinguish one from another.” In the New Testament it is the Greek katanoeo which means “to observe fully.”

           Oh, how I miss those days when I knew everything and had no need for any instruction. Now, after so long a time, I know less about more than at any other time in my life. Even after diplomas, awards, and recognitions, I feel ignorant of God and His ways. It is good to simply consider!

           Consider that you cannot win an argument with Pure Intelligence. You cannot impress Pure Holiness with your good deeds, and you cannot run far enough to avoid One who is everywhere at the same time.

Ps 139:7-10
7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. 9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; 10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

Ps 17:15
15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

Dear Lord, in the stillness of the morning, I consider but do not fully comprehend One so great. Thank you for knowing me fully and loving me completely. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment