Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2019

WHO’S IN CHARGE?


Sunday, May 5, 2019

WHO’S IN CHARGE?

Prov 16:9
9 A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.

Ps 34:19
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.

           I’m a planner! I keep a 5-year paper calendar and an electronic calendar that shares information with all my devices. Yet I have twice forgotten doctor appointments and a few other things. Worse, I have had those carefully thought out plans interrupted by the unforeseen.

           Dr. Barnes says that the phrase “deviseth his way” means “thinks it out with anxious care.” Although man’s will is free, he is often overruled by God’s providence. God sees the dangers and detours along the way. Only God knows best!

           God is always there to disrupt and to deliver the “righteous.” He disrupts our plans and delivers us out of unforeseen pain. He is a wise and good God. You can trust Him.

Dear Lord, I am a control freak, but you are boss. Thanks for that. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment