Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2019

GOOD ADVICE!


Saturday, May 4, 2019

GOOD ADVICE!

Job 34:31-32
31 Surely it is meet [seeing therefore what has happened, it is reasonable to say]  unto God, I have borne chastisement, I will not offend any more:
32 That which I see not teach thou me: if I have done iniquity, I will do no more.

           Elihu, one of Job’s friends, advises Job to make peace with God and pledge to stop sinning – whatever the sin might be. Moreover, if Job can’t remember or see what his sin is, he should ask God to reveal it to him so that he can do that sin no more.

           As quickly as an ungloved hand drops a hot pot, man should drop whatever deed it is that causes him pain. God has designed that wrong thoughts and deeds produce unpleasantness as a perpetual by-product. This is why some products have warning labels and laws are passed and enforced to restrict the use of others.

           As the moth is drawn to the deadly flame, so man is drawn to self damaging deeds. The first failure of man came with a warning label but man ignored it and listened instead to desire. The taste of the  pleasant fruit of rebellion proved the benefit of obedience.

Dear Lord, let me clearly see my failures that I may repent. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment