Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

ROADMAP OR RELATIONSHIP?


ROADMAP OR RELATIONSHIP?

Ex 33:12-14
12 And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.
13 Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.
14 And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.

I know of no more troubling topic than the will of God! We want to know details so that we might more fully obey the Lord, or so we claim. Incomplete instructions freeze us in our tracks. Just what is the will of God anyway?

IS IT A ROAD MAP?

Isa 30:21
21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Ah! Perhaps the will of God is some heavenly GPS device complete with a voice that calls out each turn. But, we all know that this device is only needed when we travel in unfamiliar territory. Most of us never venture very far in our walk of faith!

Abraham had no road map. He was a wanderer but everywhere he went was, or became, the way of God for his life.

Gen 12:1
12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:


THE WILL OF GOD IS A RELATIONSHIP!

Moses said: “Now therefore, I pray You, if I have found favor in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You [progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with You, perceiving and recognizing and understanding more strongly and clearly] and that I may find favor in Your sight. And [Lord, do] consider that this nation is Your people.”  Ex 33:13 (AMPLIFIED BIBLE)

Dr. Adrian Rodgers once said: “The will of God is not a road map. It is a relationship! You just simply set yourself apart to do the will of God.” It is not so important to know the “way” as it is to know the “way maker.”

THIS RELATIONSHIP REQUIRES A WISE DAILY WALK!

Eph 5:15-17
15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, [walk carefully, live purposefully] not as fools, but as wise,
16 Redeeming the time, [don’t let opportunities slip away] because the days are evil.
17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

Dear Lord, I want to know your will today so that I may do it. I do not want to be foolishly out of place or to waste time or energy on activities that are not vital. I know you do not want me to be confused. I know you will guide me step by step. I am so impatient. I know you will reveal your will as I need to know it. Thank you for your guidance today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment