Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

BEWARE THE WELL SPOKEN EVIL



BEWARE THE WELL SPOKEN EVIL!

Ps 55:19-21
Because they have no changes, therefore they fear not God.
20 He hath put forth his hands against such as be at peace with him: he hath broken his covenant.
21 The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart: his words were softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords.

           Our election, this year, is more than political. It is a spiritual conflict. One is a polished political speaker and the other is a brash, rough around the edges, business man. One doctor has a smooth bedside manor while the other has good medicine. If I were sick I would want to be well.

           I apologize for politicizing a devotional blog! I should be coloring these pages with the wonderful and loving nature of an omnipotent God – but when God, Himself weighs in on the matter in our above text, I think it might be appropriate. God warns us to beware of well spoken evil.

           I would cast my lot with a repentant sinner, like myself, than one who claims no sin or recollection of wrongdoing. I am a sinner. I know that. You know that too but God is a welcoming and forgiving God. Let us run into His arms for forgiveness and safety.

Prov 18:10
10 The name of the Lord  is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

Dear Lord, I need your strength and safety today. Thank you for being my guide and protector. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment