Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2015

IF I KNEW!


IF I KNEW!


Matt 25:13
13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.


          Evil times always suggest that Jesus is coming soon! Our own governmental, moral, and spiritual melt-down certainly suggests that it would be an opportune time for Jesus to return but history has had other very evil times.

          Consider the thought patterns of the late 1930’s through about 1946. The whole world was embroiled in WWII. Consider the speculation as Hitler exterminated six million Jews and ravaged most of Europe. Consider the prayers in London during the blitz or in Dresden during their fire storm. Wonder at the power of not one but two atomic bombs! Surely some thought it was the end of the world.

          Now we are seeing signs and wonders in the heavens. The convergence of planets recreating what is thought to be the Bethlehem star along with a series of “blood moons” that conveniently line up with Jewish feast days both chill us and thrill us. But we do not know the day nor the hour of His coming. What if I knew?

          I would get saved without delay! I would truly surrender myself to the Lord and would receive His grace and pardon. I would stop trying to cheat the reaper with a few more moments of the sinful life only to hope for a final, half hearted, death bed repentance. I would get saved now!

          I would practice my faith sincerely! If I were already saved, I would begin immediately to practice my faith as if I were already in heaven. If this life is only one tick of the clock and heaven is an eternity, I would prepare myself for life in that eternal realm. I would make godly choices and assume heavenly attitudes. I would make myself ready.

          I would convince my family and friends. I would be as sweetly persuasive as I possibly could be. I would plead with them, pray for them, and weep over them until they turned to the Lord. I would quit playing games and consider that trusting Jesus is the most important decision they could make.

          I would worship in church today. What if Jesus came today and only to find me absent from worship because I had chosen some other diversion or entertainment. Yes, I would worship.

Luke 21:36
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.


Dear Lord, help me to consider how soon I shall see you and to prepare myself for that meeting. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment