Pages

Monday, May 18, 2015

HOW TO BUILD A BELIEVER!


HOW TO BUILD A BELIEVER!


Matt 28:18 - 20
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.


1. Engage him with the Scriptures!


2 Tim 3:15-17
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Rom 10:17
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.


2. Disciple him one-on-one!


John 1:43
43 The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me.

The word “follow” is from a Greek word that means “to be in the same way with me.” It implies a mimicking of the one being followed.


3. Teach him to multiply his life!


2 Tim 2:2
2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

“The Scriptures are the comprehensive equipment of the man of God, and fit him fully for all branches of his work.” (2 Timothy 3:17) J. B. Phillips Translation


4. Lead him to make Christ the center of his life!

1 Cor 3:10-11
10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

At the core of the life of the believer is the art of intimacy with Christ. 


5. Be the kind of person you want your disciple to be!


1 Cor 11:1
11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.


Dear Lord, let me be the kind of believer that produces a generation after me. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment