Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2015

A MOTHER’S HOPE!


A MOTHER’S HOPE!


Ex 2:1-2
1 And there went a man of the house of Levi, and took to wife a daughter of Levi.
2 And the woman conceived, and bare a son: and when she saw him that he was a goodly child, she hid him three months.


          A goodly child! The Hebrew has no more insight than this into the nature of the child we now know as Moses. The word indicates perfection in physical form and also beauty. Acts 7:20 in the New International Version says that he was “no ordinary child.”But what were Jochebed’s hopes for her son?

          I was born on Thanksgiving Day in 1946. Many jokes have been told about that date and my birth but there was a serious side as well. I was born just a little less than two months after the Nuremburg trials. The war was over and Germany was over and her ruins were being cleared away by the Marshal plan. Germany had reason now to hope. The birth of a second son to the Abbott house must have filled my mother with hope as well. Mothers always hope and dream.

          I wonder if Gospel Ministry was one of Mother’s hopes for me. I sure I often disappointed her in many ways. Through the years I tried to paint ministry with the best brush and colors but mothers often see the blemishes on the canvas anyway. She continued to hope. One day I’ll be reunited with Momma and we will both know how wonderful God’s plan for her boy really was.

          Honor your mother whether she is alive or gone. Exodus 20:12 tells us that there is a promise and a reward for doing so.

Dear Lord, please give Mom a hug for me and let her know that we are still working out your plan for my life. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment