Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

BUT, THOU O LORD!


BUT, THOU O LORD!


Ps 3:1-4
A Psalm of David, when he fled from Ab'sa-lom his son.
3 Lord , how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me.
2 Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah.
3 But thou, O Lord , art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
4 I cried unto the Lord  with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.


          The chapter heading for Psalm 3 reads “A psalm of David when her fled from Absalom his son.” In 2 Samuel 15:1-6 we read that Absalom had prepared himself a chariot and 50 men to “run before him” so that he might look like a worthy official. A handsome devil who liked to wear his hair long, Absalom slowly began to steal the hearts of the people. Micah 7:6 says that “a man’s enemies are the men of his own house.” How much more terrible when your enemy is your son.

          As the situation grew worse and worse, (see Psalm 31:13) many were saying that the situation was hopeless for David. Interestingly, The word "help" in the Hebrew (‎yeshua‎) is translated "save" in verse 7 and "salvation" in verse 8 and gives us the names "Jesus" (Matt 1:21) and "Joshua." It's used 136 times in the Psalms (Warren W. Wiersbe. All rights reserved.)

          But Thou, O Lord! David remembers his “Ace in the hole.” No matter how bad things seemed to be there was God! Never bet against a poor loser who has God as his helper! Never!

Dear Lord, you are a shield for me, my glory and the lifter up of my head. Thank you that no matter how bad things seem to be, I will always have you as my helper. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment