Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

MICHAEL STIRRING!


MICHAEL STIRRING!


Dan 10:10-14
10 And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands.
11 And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.
12 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.
13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.
14 Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days.


          The name of this mighty angel forms a question: "Who is like God?" It is composed of three parts: ‎mi‎, meaning "who"; ‎ci‎, meaning "like"; and ‎el‎, the name for God, emphasizing power. One of his assigned duties is to protect the nation Israel from her enemies.

In Daniel's time, an angel of lower rank and power than Michael was sent from heaven to Daniel to answer his prayers and to give revelation regarding Israel's future and the end times. However, he was delayed in transit three weeks by an opposing spirit ruler, a demon, called "the prince of Persia." Then came Michael, the angel said, "to help me, for I had been left there with the kings of Persia" (Dan 10:13). After the angel delivered God's message to Daniel, he left to do battle in the spirit world with "the prince of Greece. . . . Yet there is no one who stands firmly with me against these forces except Michael your prince" (10:20-21).
(from Names of Angels © 1997 by C. Fred Dickason. All rights reserved.)

          As the world grows increasingly evil and violence against Israel presses in on all sides, there is one who will arise to defend them. His name is “Who is like God?” He is God’s great warrior prince.

Ps 91:10-11
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

Dear Lord, encamped all around me are unseen protectors and watchers. Let me move with the confidence that comes from knowing you have set a guard over me. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment