Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2015

BLESSINGS!


BLESSINGS!


Eph 1:3
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Ps 40:5
5 Many, O Lord  my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.


          Often I have read in Scripture where troubles have driven away sleep but I can’t seem to find an occasion when blessing have disturbed sleep! Notwithstanding, my own sleep suffered from the excitement and amazement of an overwhelming load of God’s goodness!

          Amazement is the first thought that lingers beyond bedtime! Amazed at God’s obvious timing of these blessings and the enormity of His goodness. Amazed also because they are an evident work of grace and not merit. I have done nothing worthy of God’s kind attention and yet I am showered with His gifts. I hardly know whether to laugh or cry – so I have done a little of both.

          Anticipation is the next thing I feel, the air is electric with it, because I know that God is purposeful and He blesses me so that I can be a blessing. I wait for Him to show me how to use his gifts to help others. I search my thoughts for ways to disburse what God has given me.

          Caution steps in as I realize that I have an adversary who is greatly disturbed by God’s merciful actions. I know the enemy will do all he is permitted to do to annoy and upset me. I am wary as I watch for his traps but I know that God has laid a trap for him and may be using me for bait. It is the enemy who should be careful.

Rev 20:10
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Ah, Lord God, you have blessed me so much that I am embarrassed. Let me be used as an instrument of blessing in Thy hand. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment