Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

ARE YOU CONFUSED?


ARE YOU CONFUSED?


1 Cor 14:33
33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.


          Our English word “confusion” can be found 26 times in the Authorized version. In the Old Testament it can mean something vile but in the New Testament there is one word Greek word that adequately corresponds to our current definition. The Greek word akatastasia basically means “instability and disorder” and our verse this morning assures us that God is not the author of that! No, God is the author of peace which, in our verse, means quietness, rest, and prosperity. If you are disquieted, confused as to direction, and unsettled in your heart and mind you can be sure that Satan is behind it.

          In the past few days, I have shared uncommon joy at God’s blessings. Then, suddenly, I’ve felt disappointment and confusion as what seemed like God’s clear direction was thwarted. So, now what? Well, it’s not my battle! If God clearly blessed and that blessing was turned into disappointment, then God and Satan must be doing battle on my battlefield! I will remain alert but this is God’s battle so the outcome is certain.

Ps 61:1-4
61 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.
4 I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.

Dear Lord, I’m trusting you to defeat the Devil’s confusion and to replace it with Thy peace. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment