Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

JESUS, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!


JESUS, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!


Gal 1:3-5
3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.


          Those who think that trusting Christ as Savior – getting saved – will be the answer to all their problems soon discover that they were mistaken. While I certainly do not discourage salvation, I think it is fair to set the record straight. Becoming saved actually creates problems that we did not formerly have.

          It is important to know that salvation drastically changes our relationship to this present evil world. The world – once our cruddy buddy – has now become our fierce enemy. We live in a world that is estranged from God. The Greek word for “evil” is poneros and means “malevolent.” Jesus explained this perpetual struggle in His High Priestly prayer.

John 17:14-18
14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.


Dear Lord, I know that I am now an alien in this present evil world. I am being kept from its evil by your sweet Holy Spirit. I am hated by this world yet I am sent into the world to make a difference. I can’t do this by myself. I need your help if I am to be, in any degree, successful in my mission. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment